Rhinos Volleyball Club is a non-profit sport Club created in 1994. The club organises, supports, and promotes volleyball activities in Cambridge at an amateur level for the benefit of all its members. This involves running weekly trainings, participating in competitions at both local and regional level, and exploring opportunities for friendly matches with other local volleyball clubs and Universities.
The club also strives to foster team building and encourages a fantastic team spirit atmosphere through the richness of social activities established by the club’s enthusiastic steering committee and members. The Club is proud of the great diversity of backgrounds, nationalities and ages of its members, which has been enriching the experience of everyone.
The Club has one of the most well organised training schedules in the region with 3 x 2-hour slots per week from September until May at the Leys Leisure Sports Complex in Cambridge. This gives us the flexibility to provide a mixture of men’s, women’s and mixed trainings or matches.
- Two courts every Tuesday from 20:25 till 22:25 when all members attend.
- One court Sunday from 16:00 till 18:00 in which alternatively men or women train and compete.
The Club enters both a men and women team to the following competitions:
- Cambridge Volleyball Association (CVA).
- The Eastern Region Volleyball Series: eight full-day tournaments played on a Saturday or Sunday over the season.
- Cambridge Spring League Series.
- In summer we organise a bi-weekly series of outdoor games in Jesus Green.
- Every August the Rhinos VC teams play in the 2-day Cambridge summer outdoor tournament.